Recently Groot Ship Design successfully completed and delivered the concept design for the ‘e5 project’ under development in Japan.
The project is initiated by Japan based Asahi Tanker Co, Ltd and Exeno-Yamamitzu Corporation, targeting to introduce a new type of bunker vessel with zero emissions.
Working already together on two other projects Exeno-Yamamitzu approached Groot Ship Design in 2018 to participate in this project. After studying the wishes of Asahi, making clear the operating profile and available technologies a design for a 1,300 cubm bunker tanker was prepared.
Result is an extremely environmentally friendly design incorporating:
• High maneuverability, by using two azimuth trhusters and a single bowthruster
• Electric propulsion package, including battery power and a single generator set as back up facility
• Auto mooring system for mooring alongside large vessels
• Shore connection – charging facility
• High level, comfortable accommodation facility
• No ballast water required for normal daily operations
Groot Ship Design B.V.
Groot Ship Design is a design house located in the Netherlands with a wide experience in designing and engineering all kinds of seagoing cargo vessels. The portfolio of projects includes heavy lift vessels, dry cargo multipurpose vessels, short sea vessels, tankers (products and LNG), container vessels and special cargo vessels like livestock carriers, orange juice carrier, offshore carrier and freezers. Clients and building yards executing the designs are located all over the world, resulting in strong contacts in Europe and Asia.
Tel +31 592 675767 / E-mail: email@example.com / www.grootshipdesign.nl
PR contact: mr J.W. Cuperus